Economy and Energy
Energy in Economics lessons
German-language site: http://www.wirtschaftundenergie.de/
Basic economic facts, concepts and categories are conveyed on energy use and supply, on environmental and climate protection. In addition, the complex nature of decisions made in energy management can be made more comprehensible with the scope for shaping such decisions being made more transparent.
- approx. 150 different types of materials as word and PDF documents divided into six comprehensive teaching units with teacher handbooks for your lessons;
- a lesson planer simplifying the individual material make-up
- further hints and tips for your lessons (e.g. active methods of teaching and learning or useful apps);
- news from the German North-West energy region;
- and much more.
Perspectives in the Northwest
German-language site: https://www.perspektiven-im-nordwesten.de/de
IÖB has developed online provisions with teaching materials and courses leading to qualifications on the themes of regional energy sector, career guidance, organising practical contacts and analysis of the regional economy. These provisions have been created with the help of a regional alliance of skilled workers known as “Nordwest”.
The content is currently being expanded to include aspects of the healthcare sector and the integration of web-based training for students.
- over 100 different types of materials in four teaching units for your lessons;
- Subject-specific background information as well as teaching hints and tips for the teaching units;
- profiles of apprenticeship positions in the regional energy sector as well as possible companies where these apprenticeships are possible;
- interactive map with regional companies in the energy sector in north-western Germany, showing the offers available for schools and students (currently being developed);
- and much more.